Photograph stunning scenery at the best time of day!
Terrain: Medium, usually involves hill climbs & rough, muddy paths
Skill Level: All abillities / Any camera including camera phones
Duration: 2.5 hours (approx)
10th Feb: Ilkley Moor * FULLY BOOKED *
10th Nov: Malham Cove
Dawn and sunrise photo walks that explore different locations of outstanding beauty at a time often referred to as the “golden hour”. No sunrise is the same and each one offers it's own magical experiences and opportunities.
Each walk offers:
- A well prepared photo walk in a beautiful landscape
- Learn how to get the best from sunrises from your camera
- Professional photography tips and advice offered in a relaxed and sociable environment
- The opportunity to capture stunning sunrises in inspirational locations
- Maximum number of 10 people for both group and individual guidance
- Optional post walk breakfast (not included in price).
Photographs taken at this time of day often offer a wow factor unattainable at any other time of day.
Photographers of all levels and abilities are welcome. Please note that this walk involves a steep ascent and descent to and from the cove. If you have any questions regarding the accessibility and difficulty of the route please get in touch
Some dawn walks may cover potentially rough terrain, hill walking and steep ascents. Unfortunately this may mean some routes will be is unsuitable for some people. If you have any accessibility questions or are unsure of the suitability of the route please get in touch.
Skill Level: All abillities / DSLR or Bridge Camera with manual functions required
Additional: Torch & Tripod required
Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours
Night Photography Walks offer you the opportunity to capture magical photographs in a fun and safe environment.
21st Nov 2019 - Ilkley
1st Dec 2019 - York
Discover the magic of taking night photographs in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. When the sun goes down and as the modern artificial lights are switched on, a whole new world of photographic opportunities emerges.
I love taking photos at night because it's one of the best times to create original photos that capture people's imaginations. The After Dark Club Photo walks provide a great introduction into night photography. Each walk offers
- An engaging introduction to various night photography techniques
- The opportunity to explore both creative & technical side of night photography
- A maximum number of 10 people ensures a good level of individual tuition
- A workshop led by 10 year professional & award winning photographer Rich Bunce
Free fully illustrated PDF of the workshop emailed after the walk
Enjoy walking and taking photos with like minded people at a photographer's pace!
Photo Walk Socials offer people the opportunity to explore stunning environments at a pace that is perfect people who enjoy trying to capture their surroundings with pictures.
Upcoming Socials (all start at 9.30am)
20th January 2019 - Temple Newsam, LS15 0AE
23rd June 2019 - Sutton Bank & White Horse, YO7 2EH (Parking Charges may apply)
20th October 2019 - Swinsty Reservoir,
People of all photographic abilities and experience are welcome and that includes people who like to snap with their camera phones!
Each Walking Photographer Social happens at a new, inspiring place and offers people the chance to:
- Enjoy a guided walk in a stunning location at a photographer's pace
- Learn and share new photography skills with like minded people
- A chance to discuss ideas, equipment and experiences
Please note that some Socials may require additional parking or entrance fees.
Want to understand your camera better and improve the pictures you get from it?
Set in the beautiful surroundings of Ilkley, this 5* Google rated one day course combines insightful lessons and demonstrations with practical assignments. All designed to help you to master your digital camera.
The course is based at Ilkley Arts Studio just 5 minutes walk from Ilkley Train Station.
People attending this photography workshop will:
- Learn how to use and adjust the different settings on your digital cameras
- Gain confidence in taking your camera off auto
- Discover professional techniques used to achieve striking & stunning photos.
- Numbers limited to 10 to ensure attentive and specialist tuition throughout day
- Learn new creative skills in a practical, inspiring and friendly environment
- Detailed PDF doc with notes and diagrams emailed to you for future reference
The course is led by professional and award winning photographer Rich Bunce Walking Photographer
Get a Grip PLUS
This workshop follows the same practical and engaging format as the beginner's workshop at the same inspiring location. Here's an outline of what we'll cover...
- Recap on taking your camera off Auto
- Advanced light meter and auto focus settings
- On & off camera flash
- Professional settings & workflow revealed: From portraits to wildlife, learn to shoot like a pro
Can't make the dates? Why not book yourself a Private Lesson tailored to your photographic needs?
Want Better Photos of Stunning Bluebell Woods?
Skill Level: All abilities & camera types (inc. phones) welcome
Additional: Free illustrated PDF download
Terrain: Easy, hills and boggy areas likely, approx 1-2 miles
28th April, 10am - 12.30pm (Fully Booked)
3rd May, 5.30pm - 8pm (Golden Hour)
4th May, 10am - 12.30pm (New Date)
Enjoy a spectacular photo walk in the Bluebell Woods while learning how to capture the Bluebells at their best.
Discover how to capture this stunning environment at it's best with any camera.
While exploring woodland carpeted in bluebells, you'll learn how to photograph natural landscapes and floral scenes and get the best from them. This seasonal spectacular photo walk provides practical ways to improve your photography with any camera.
The workshop is led by an award winning professional photographer Rich Bumce Walking Photographer who won a commendation in International Garden Photographer of the Year.
- Learn new photography skills in an inspirational, relaxed and friendly environment
- Engaging, practical advice and demonstrations to help you get more from your camera
- Experience awesome and inspiring scenery at a relaxed pace while learning new skills
- Walk led by local award winning photographer with nearly 10 years commercial experience
What you need to attend this lesson...
Any Camera. This is a practical workshops that deals with practical ways you can improve your photographs of wildflower and garden flower scenes. That means any and all cameras are welcome on this photo walk including camera phones and tablets like the iPad.
An Exciting, Practical & Inspiring Way to Learn Photography
Do you want to feel more in control of your camera? Maybe you'd like to wow people with your holiday pictures or family photos?
Whatever stage you are at and whatever equipment you use, I'd love to help you get the best out of your camera.
My practical and inspiring photography lessons will leave you feeling more confident and more in control of your camera. Feeling fresh and primed to go out and take some awesome photographs!
As a professional photographer with over ten years of experience, I've learnt to know cameras inside out. Working with a variety of clients from magazines to corporations like M&S I've had to hone and demonstrate a wide range of photography skills and techniques. From portraits to wildlife what I love best is capturing a real moment that captures peoples' imaginations.
With recent awards and nominations in photographic competitions like International Garden Photographer of the Year, Royal Photographic Society's International Print Awards, British Wildlife Photography Awards and several other prestigious prizes, I also know what it takes to create exceptional photos.
I love sharing my knowledge and experience people like you and always leave each lesson feeling as inspired as the student! I always make my lessons as practical and enjoyable as possible, because it's the best way to learn!
- Private lesson with professional & award-winning photographer
- A lesson plan specifically suited to your personal criteria
- Flat-rate fee - You can bring a friend at no extra cost!!!
- Personalised notes from your lesson emailed as PDF download
- Half day lessons include a hot drink & cake
- Full day lessons include a free M&S lunch
Half Day (3-4 hours approx) * Includes Hot Drink & Cake * - £135
Full Day (6-7 hours approx) * Free M&S lunch included * - £275
Two Mini Sessions (2x 1.5 hour lessons) * New * - £135
Four Mini Sessions (4x 1.5 hour lessons) * New * - £250
* Refreshment & lunch offers are limited to 2 students per session & subject to availability
Want to buy a lesson as a gift? Photography Lessons make a unique & original gift that will last. You can buy Lesson Vouchers here.
“I had such a wonderful day with Rich after receiving a full day’s lesson as a gift from my daughter. He was so helpful on our walk and later with Lightroom. I learned a lot and plan to attend some of his future events.” - Google Reviews 5*
Where do you run your lessons?
I can provide lessons up to 1.5 hours from Leeds, West Yorkshire and further if you can cover the fuel expenses. I'm happy to offer inspirational location suggestions or can provide the lesson locally to you.
Can I bring a friend or family member?
Yes, friends or family members are welcome at no extra cost!
Can I bring my dog?
Yes, I love dogs!
Can I split my lesson over several days?
You can now! New Mini-Sessions offer a great, bite-sized way to learn photography. It also helps you retain information as we refresh & follow up at each session.
Can you teach me specifically to take better portraits?
Can you teach me specifically to take better photos of wildlife?
I'm going on holiday and want a lesson before I go. Is there time?
Yes! If you can be flexible with your time, I can get you ready with everything you need to take gorgeous photos while on your holiday!
I've not used my camera since I got it. Do I need to be familiar with it before my photography lesson?
No, not at all. My lessons are geared up to get you confident and relaxed with your camera and it's settings.
Do I need a fancy camera to do a lesson with you?
Any and all cameras are most welcome, just remember to charge the camera batteries the night before :)
I've got two different cameras can I bring them both?
Yes bring any camera and any equipment you'd like to understand better and I'll make sure I teach you how to get the best from it.
Can I learn Photoshop & Lightroom as part of my lesson?