Learn Photography in a practical and inspiring environment with like-minded people for both beginners and experienced photographers:
Beginner's One Day Camera Course: Get off auto, understand the key settings and techniques that will improve your success rate, while giving you the confidence to take better photos.
Advanced One Day Camera Course: Take your photography to the next level with expert settings and professional techniques.
Intro to Expert Flash Workshop: Take standout photos and master effective flash techniques
Skill Level: Beginners & Advanced (Plus)
Location: Walking Photography Studio, 95a Main St, LS29 7BU
Included: Free illustrated Notes & Video Download
Terrain: x2 easy walks
Additional: Max of 6 participants for detailed & tailored learning
Beginner: 22nd Jan 2022, 10am - 5pm
Beginner: 8th May 2022, 10am - 5pm
Plus: 9th May 2022, 10am -5pm
Intro to Flash: 19th June 2022, 10am - 5pm
More dates tbc
Can't make the dates?
Why not book yourself a Private Lesson tailored to your photographic needs for just £135?
Or buy the download course (currently on offer for just £20) which features the same content and exercises detailed in an illustrated PDF with video introductions and support for each section. View Course Download
Want to understand your camera better and improve the pictures you get from it?
Whether you want to take memorable and stunning photos of your family, pictures that do justice to your travel experiences or you're looking to improve photos of sports and wildlife, both the Beginner's and Plus workshops will give you what you need to immediately start taking better photos.
Set in the beautiful surroundings of Burley in Wharfedale, this 5 Star Rated (Google verified) one day course combines insightful lessons and demonstrations with practical exercises to help you learn better and faster.
The course is based at Walking Photography Studio, less than 30 minutes from Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate and Skipton and just 5 minutes walk from Burley in Wharfedale train station.
People attending this photography workshop will:
- Get off of Auto
- Learn how to use and adjust the different settings on your digital cameras
- Gain confidence in applying manual camera modes & other settings
- Discover the technical & creative techniques used to achieve striking & stunning photos.
- Numbers limited to 6 to ensure attentive and specialist tuition throughout day
- Learn new creative skills in a practical, inspiring and friendly environment
- Detailed PDF doc with notes and diagrams emailed to you for future reference
The course is led by professional and award-winning photographer Rich Bunce Walking Photographer. Who has been helping people of all experience levels with all sorts of cameras for nearly 10 years!
Get a Grip PLUS (Advanced)
Take your skills and knowledge to the next level! This workshop follows the same practical and engaging format as the beginner's workshop at the same inspiring location. Here's an outline of what we'll cover...
- A deeper look into cameras, sensors and expert settings
- Professional techniques & workflows revealed: From portraits to wildlife, learn how to shoot like a pro!
- Building on Manual modes & using the right settings for the right situations
- Using custom modes and buttons to skyrocket your success rate
- Advanced light meter and autofocus settings
- Understanding exposure in real-world environments and using histograms
- Mastering tricky lighting conditions
- Mastering challenging environments/subjects
Intro to Expert Flash Photography
Many people are scared to use flash photography and think it can just ruin any scene. But used properly, with just a few simple tricks flash can be a powerful tool that helps make your photos stand out! I rarely leave a flash out of my camera bag.
- Intro to 'stand out' photography with flash
- Using flash on and off camera
- Guide to flash systems speedlites, studio etc.
- Using flash indoors and outdoors for all subjects inc people, landscapes and nature
- Fill-in flash
- Lighting with flash
- Using more than one flash
Can't make the dates? Why not book yourself a Private Lesson tailored to your photographic needs?